7 Things You Must Know Before Scanning a QR Code
- QR codes can contain links to malicious websites, so be cautious and only scan codes from trusted sources.
- Make sure your phone is up to date with the latest security updates and has a reliable antivirus app installed.
- Before scanning, check the source of the QR code to make sure it’s legitimate and not a fake code created by a scammer.
- If the code appears to be damaged or altered in any way, don’t scan it.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection when scanning the code, as a poor connection could lead to an error or a delay in loading the content.
- Always pay attention to the permissions requested by the app or website you are redirected to after scanning the code, and only grant necessary permissions.
- Be aware of the information you are sharing, as scanning a QR code may give access to your camera, location, or other personal information.